Installing WordPress is so easy to do especially if you got a one click host installer but today we will be installing it manually on our local webserver (It is the same as if you would ftp it to an webserver somewhere else)
What is WordPress?
WordPress is Known as a CMS (Content Management System) it is a framework where you can build a website with no web development experience.
Let’s get started
What you will need.
- WordPress (the scripts that your site will consist of )
- Navicat ( Or some program to access your database with)
- Xampp ( If you don’t know how to use it read this first)
head on over to https://wordpress.org/download/ and click on “Download WordPress 4.x.”
Once it is finished downloading leave it we will get back to it later.
Navicat you can buy for the full version or you can use the 30 Day trail ( WordPress Database you will only do once so trail is fine)
To download navicat head on over to https://www.navicat.com/download and click on “Download Trail”
On the next page you will need to select your OS (Operating System) in my case i am running Windows 64bit.
Once done downloading just click on it.
From here on you just click next
Now all your software is installed and you are ready to start setting up Word press.
Head on over to the wordpress file you downloaded and extract (right click and select extract all) it to your htdocs (If you don’t know where to find this folder look at this)
Creating a database
- Open navicat and click trail.
- Click Connections and MySQL
- Connection Name can be anything “Let’s call it userdatabase” and click Ok (Remember the name)
- Double click the Database on the left. (Now right click and select New Database and give it any name but remember it)
Setting up your config file
Go to localhost or 127.0.0.1
Database Name: your database name “userdatabase”
Database Host: localhost
After that click on Run the Install
All info can be whatever you want it to be
Site Title: Test Site
And click install WordPress
YOU ARE DONE
If you have any questions feel free to comment down below.